News & Updates:
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
San Gabriel Presbytery
Interim Executive Presbyter
(full-time, exempt position)
Purpose: To further the mission of Jesus Christ through the Presbytery of San Gabriel by supporting local congregations and their teaching elders and, with the Presbytery Council, leading the Presbytery in mission and ministry.
Requirements: Prior experience as an Executive Presbyter is desired but not required.
1. Partner with the leadership of the Presbytery in making decisions concerning future staffing, mission support and finances.
2. Actively engage the Synod of Southern California and Hawaii and its presbyteries in conversation about the future of the PC(U.S.A.) in Southern California.
3. Provide leadership to Presbytery Engagement Teams working with churches in the “Gracious Dismissal” process.
4. Identify, recruit and nurture transformational pastoral leadership according to our polity to meet the needs of the diverse linguistic/cultural makeup of our congregations.
5. Identify ruling and teaching elders and ensure that they are trained in skills needed for the basic operational work of the Presbytery such as conflict management, recruitment of candidates to the ministry, nurture of first-call teaching elders, outplacement of teaching elders, response to allegations of sexual misconduct, and any other special needs of the Presbytery.
6. Develop networks of support and information for congregations of all sizes and diverse languages and cultures, and ensure open communication and relationship building.
7. Serve as the head of the Presbytery staff, and ensure sound financial accounting and the development of Presbytery policies and procedures.
8. Serve as the staff resource to the Presbytery Council and the Administration and Finance, Committee on Ministry, Nominations, and Personnel Ministry Teams and ensure appropriate staffing for other Ministry Teams as may be required.
9. Ensure the representation of the Presbytery at ordinations, installations, retirements, building dedications, anniversaries and other ceremonial functions.
10. Ensure care for teaching elders and other Presbytery leaders in times of illness or personal or family crisis.
Accountability: The Interim Executive Presbyter is accountable to the Presbytery through its Personnel Ministry Team. Annual reviews will be conducted.
Salary: Minimum – $85,000
Interested persons should send a PIF or Resume to Knox Cologne, Chair of Personnel, at: 1930 Lorrain Road, San Marino, CA 91108.
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, you may contact Mr. Cologne at 626 570-0776.